Thursday, October 17, 2013

Portrait #2



My second portrait – Dad (many years ago)


In a previous post I showed my progress with my very first portrait  of my grandfather.  Just as a beginning place, I wanted to remind you of the progress from beginning to end.

I don't know who this is, but it's not my grandfather

I don’t know who this is, but it’s not my grandfather

finished.....

finished…..

completed

My completed piece was a much better portrait than I began with.

Since drawing has always been a passion of mine, it startles me now that I allowed myself to have such difficulty learning to draw a portrait.  As a girl, they just scared me so bad, so I stuck with still life, and architecture.

Dad0001

Now, on to Daddy….

Oh, just as with Papa, when I began Dads portrait I miscalculated and came out with this…. (don’t judge me….)

So upsetting

but, I caught a deep breathe and started over…….

this is what I have so far……

getting better....

getting better….

I would really like to get all the kinks out before I start on Mom.

Practice, practice, practice……

No comments:

Post a Comment