Saturday, October 12, 2013

I could have danced all night


Stepping Out!



When I was a little girl I wanted to be Juliet Prowse.  I wanted to dance!



I realized at some point that I was just way too short to be Juliet Prowse, so I decided that it would be much more realistic to be Mitzi Gaynor….


See, that’s a whole lot more realistic.  Ha!
Needless to say after taking ballroom dancing from a friend of my mother at the age of 12, 13 or 14?  I can’t remember, I didn’t dance again.. I would tell you that I did the shag in college, which is both true and not true.  I was so self conscious in college that I wouldn’t do it in front of a male at all.  Well, that’s kind of not the truth either.  I did it once, but I was terribly drunk.  As I recall, a little later in the evening I got terribly sick…  probably jostling all that alcohol around in my tummy!  Ha!
I did dance one dance, once with my ex husband… in the early years… but he told me that I bounced.  So, I never danced with him or anyone else again.
Any hoot, my daughter introduced me to a co-worker who belonged to Meetup.  Meetup It’s a very great organization that matches people up with their interests.  This co worker said that she belonged to a swing dance group where you can take an hour lesson during the first hour and then you have 3 hours to just dance.  Your dancing with people in you dance class, but then you also dance with others as well.



Oh, yes!  If my stamina was a little better, I would have.  But, I did stay 2 1/4 hours and I had so much fun, it seemed like a fairy tale!
If the world danced with each other all the time, there would be no war, no misery!  Just a bunch of people having fun!  And, drinking a lot of water!  Ha!

No comments:

Post a Comment