Tuesday, November 5, 2013

Dad's Portrait


Maybe just a little tweaking, but I think I did better after previewing the eyes, which always seem to be an area to be worked on.  This is what I had to work with......

Dad0001

This is my first attempt before I realized that his eyes were all wrong.  Again, these eyes!

Something went terribly wrong.

Something went terribly wrong.

After a little self reflection and completely starting over.... this is what I came up with.....

DSCN0529

I realize that my Dad's actual face is a little longer than this..... some tweaking of the neck is in order, I'm closer than I've ever been at creating a portrait that actually looks like the person I'm doing the portrait of.  He Ha!

Please remember that this is only my second portrait....."Ever!"

No comments:

Post a Comment