Saturday, July 20, 2013

New Stuff

Finally finished!  "Yay!" 

 

I have been working on this letter "K", oh such a long time.  I never intended for it to take that long, but I decided to experiment a little with the design. 

I wondered what it would happen if I mixed it up a bit by gluing a 8" letter to a 12".  This is it!  Ha! 

Then I thought to move on with my theme of painting things that begin with the letter, so the only thing that kept popping in my head, Kaleidoscope.  Boy, was I in for a long journey.... I found myself going cross eyed after about 45 minutes (at the most) into working on it each day.  Finally after quite some time, I put it aside for a time.  It didn't take long to finish once I started back, but it was a good thing to take a break.




This is a canvas tote, like so many out there, but I did something I have never done before.  

I decided I wanted to try my hand at tie-dye once again, I haven't done it since college.  But, I wanted to dye it right then and there, since I didn't have any dye around the apartment, I wondered what I could do.   I have been buying a lot of fruit to put in smoothies since Blair bought me a "Very Nice Blender" for Mothers Day this year.  

I went to the internet to look up how to make dyes out of fruit.  Ta da.....!  I had a very large amount of strawberries, so I decided on pink!  

There is a delicate amount of tie dye in pink and white, and I placed two cloth flowers to add just the right amount of femininity for both women and girls alike.  Really love the way it turned out!

School begins week after next.  This summer has been filled with so many art projects.  Sewing lessons and  creative juices that I will miss so much!  I have realized that when art is in my life and when I surround myself with creative thought, Life is Oh So Wonderful! 
Self portrait, (sort of...) Just call me gopher cheeks!  Ha! 

No comments:

Post a Comment