Sunday, September 22, 2013

Weekends full of art....!

 

I know I showed you my latest portrait of Papa yesterday, but I have not been able to pull myself away from the tweaking all weekend.  

This is my last time.  It's done!  I will move on to another portrait now, and leave this one as it is.... but I did want to show you my last tweak.... I promise, it's my last!  
 

The paper is much to weak at this point to continue, so I've decided to hide this in a closet somewhere, so it is hard to get to.  That way maybe I will leave it alone.  

 

That's not all I've been doing.  I have also worked on my "Lollipop L" , broken out of the box to complete a "Paper P".  Started working on my banner for our October book, "The Little Old Lady who was not afraid of anything".  I'm not going to show you my book banner, because it's just lightly drawn on the banner so you probably wouldn't be able to make anything out from a photo.  

 

But, here is the out of order "Paper P" -  Ta Da!   


As you can probably see, it is covered in paper.  Craft paper, old algebra books paper and not to leave some part of my childhood out I also attached some paper dolls.  I mean after all, what would a paper P be without paper dolls?  I hate to think...  Oh, yeah..... some pictures of Shirley Temple too.  Can't leave Shirley off my P.  

 

I have also been painting my "Lollipop L".  It's is taking time due to the use of puffy paint.  But, I don't know about you, but a painted lollipop without some puff is boring!  Don't ya think?  Puffy paint does not dry as fast as acrylic paint.  



 

I'm just about done, but that chocolate and the swirled lollipops are taking "forever" to dry.  Ugh!  

I'm painting lollipops all over this L.  Of course not on the bottom, but every where else.  Why you ask?  " I just really don't know what got into me, but when I finished the front, I said...."You aren't done Becky, paint the back".  So, I did.   

   I actually think this is turning out quite nicely.  This is a 12 inch letter, much bigger than most of the ones I did at first, but there is a lot more room for creative expression, so I like it. 

  It is such a girly lollipop, but I'm kinda girly too!  





 

And of course I know you want to know what George was doing while I was busy with all this art...... 

wondering when Mommy would be done.....

Now I don't know where Schroedie has been, but I fussed at him this morning and I haven't seen much of him since.  Of course, what he did scared him too finally.... Ha! 

Ok, I know my hand was a shakin in the second, but this wasn't the first time he tried this stunt, and I was a little beside myself since he almost lost his footing.  I was so afraid he was going to break the curtain rod and tear my home made curtains.  Him, I was not worried about, he has most of his 9 lives left since we rescued him and he was going to fall on a fluffy leather chair.  

 

                         I'm not completely ruthless.  

 

Blair and I will be leaving on a shopping and ice cream eating adventure when the Titans game is over, so I will leave you this "First Fall"  weekend until my next creative adventure.  
Chow!  Ha! 

 

No comments:

Post a Comment