Tuesday, November 6, 2012

        

         "Gerbera Daisy

  I decided to go with pink for my "G".  I thought it would be nice to paint a gerbera daisy drinking up some rain.  I painted the rain with white fabric paint mixed with acrylic.  

  I realize that all my letters will only appeal to a young children and a female audience, but I also realize that I am more familiar with that demographic, so I'm not going to concern myself with that aspect of my goal at this time.

 

      "H for Heather"

   Moving on with my flower theme, I completed my H in the color heather and painted heather flowers up both sides.  It's going back to a less bold format, but I thought it would be a good theme for this letter.


           "Ivy climbing the I" 

When I started my letter I, I thought that a painted lace would look quite nice.  I began by painting the letter in brown, then I spray painted lace in red.  After I completed this step I realized that with a little fabric paint inside the spaces left by the lace, that might bring a look of brick which I thought would be quite nice.  I then placed ivy as if it were climbing up the letter in a circular movement.  

I believe this is the first letter that I can say is might suit any gender, quite pleased with the way it turned out.  


I'm really happy with the direction my alphabet is going, however I believe that it's about time to start working on a drawing again.  I have a few aprons that I have been working on.  I'll be posting those soon also.  

I am very thankful to those who have taken the time to read my blog and see the art I'm working on.  I appreciate that you have joined me on my journey.

With much love and gratitude,

Becky 

Enhanced by Zemanta