Tuesday, July 10, 2012



Out the Back Door 

July 2012 

 

   The picture on the left is a photograph a friend of mine took one evening this spring while watching a storm brewing as she looked out her back door.  When I saw this posted on facebook, I asked her if I could have a copy of the photograph so that I could draw it.  She said she would be honored.  

   I am very thrilled with how it turned out.  I love the shadows in the clouds and the background landscape.  I also think that the framing of the trees in the forefront make a very dramatic statement, which just makes the entire picture.  

   This drawing will be added to my Etsy site in the fall.  I will have some Giclee prints made beforehand, since I never sell my originals.  Selling my originals would be too much like selling my children, and I just couldn't do it.  But, it will be on my Etsy site in the fall, so that is something to look forward to.