Saturday, May 19, 2012

I've always enjoyed architecture and house plans, so much that at one point during college I considered majoring in architecture.  When my children were small we lived in one of the oldest neighborhoods in Nashville, with many styles of architecture from years ago.  I loved to take pictures of the different homes in our area and draw them in my spare time.  I belonged to the Nashville Art League at the time and would put the piece's in our art gallery and send notes to the homeowners letting them know that I had drawn a picture of their home.  Many times they would write me a note back telling me the history of the home.  It was wonderful. I was honored to have link to history of the neighborhood and to Nashville.
   I was asked many times why I didn't create a book using the notes that I received and the pictures that I drew.  At the time I was doing it I never even thought about it.  I guess I could have, and some people may say I should have.  But, I didn't.  I can't go back and change anything at this point, I can only move forward from where I am now.  I do still love architecture, and I love the architecture of old Nashville.  As this city evolves I am always hopeful that enough of the Old City remains, so that no one ever truly looses site of where we came from and what it is that brought us to this place.